Monday, December 29, 2008

Part 2, Chapter 1

Today, is my last day here in Orama. Saying goodbye to this place and the people that I will be leaving behind, is not something one looks foward to. It feels like torment at times, when you're not sure when you're going to see people you've grown to love again. Though the comfort of seeing a small few much sooner rather than later is welcomed.

Last night we had a worship/prayer meeting here with the community. I was asked to share a few things that I had written, which was completely nerve racking. Both pieces of written work for me, were parts of my experiences and bits of life. But, I was reminded, oh so softly, that my God is a big God, and its all okay. It was amazing to have that opportunity to share, especially with the Orama staff, what has been happening since the 3 month school here. How it's a continous work in progress, not just a one of experience.

Near the end of the night, I was prayed for, and once again, I had to smile. We go through our whole lives, each having different hurts, different scars, but each resulting with not experiencing love like how love should be experienced. For me it all started with being here Aug-Oct. Being surrounded for 3 months with support and the open arms of unquestionable love. Entering the hustle and bustle of life, was a hard thing to do, but as we are eased back into what was once a norm, I was able to still embrace that love that I had found while being on Great Barrier Island.

My heart has been through surgery, and I've come out of recovery. Now I seem to be able to love to a bigger capacity than what I once had. To accept genuine care from other people. To recieve love from other people. Last night was yet another reminder to how many people love and care. It is a precious gift, I'll forever carry with me.

So leaving this place yet again, is ultimately another step forward into a bigger future. Although the new year is still a few days away, its as if my very own new year starts today. A year of adventure, a year of joy, a year of laughter, and a year of spending time with the one's I love. What more of a year could we all ask for??

I plan to enjoy my stroll, as we drink nothing but good tea. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment