I just have one thing on my mind - which is a contradictory statement as this is me and I never have just one thing on my mind - nevertheless...my day at work today was not one of my best. I was in a mood all day. My work place is actually quite a light environment, we all have a laugh and joke together, acting the fool when a good karaoke song comes along on the radio - well rather just me and my boss. But not today. I was making all sorts of excuses in my head that it was everyone else's fault and they were what was bothering me. But I couldn't fool myself for long. Ultimately is was just me.
So a question I have - mainly just for myself, as I'm sure no one will actually answer me - when having a bad day at work and you know its you and your own problems what ever they may be, how do you leave them at the door, or in your car, or even at home? Because a work place is a work place, not a place to bring your problems to the table. You do that with friends, family or the odd stranger - if you're that way inclined.
Then the thing is, you realize that if you can leave your problems behind while you're at work, maybe they aren't all that big in the first place. But then that's not good, because we all like to focus on our problems, and tell everyone about them - especially strangers. Do we just embrace the old attitude of 'Build a Bridge and Get Over It'?
Ultimately, after all my frustration at work, then the need just to see a friend and have a great hug failed everything goes away, for the time being. The end of the day comes, you look back and think, what was that all about?
No comments:
Post a Comment