2009. Who would have thought. I remember thinking that 2010 was the most futuristic time you could have. But yet here we are......the future. This time last year....I was most probably asleep. (We viewed the fireworks from the decking outside, said hello to 2008, then left to hit the pillow) So instead - around this time last year, I was in the same house. Up north - 2 hours north of Auckland in a place called Whangarei - at my Aunty and Uncle's home. Like I said, we all went outside, stood on the decking watched a few fireworks then made our way to bed. But, while we were standing outside, about to welcome the year just gone, 2008 (Counting down the minutes) I had that dreaded feeling in my stomach. There's no going back. Right now, there is nothing to stop this year coming towards us. As the seconds came down to a minimal, I became anxious. There was no stopping this train, and no turning back.
Again, about to see the birth of a new year. Two less people, and an extra glass of wine, waited out on that same deck. Looking out to the same view -- half of the city (My Aunty and Uncle's house lives up on a hill, looking down the valley into half of the town/city - what ever you like to call Whangarei.) 10 seconds to go and that same familiar feeling makes a home in the pit of my stomach. There's no going back. I have to enter into this 2009th year, whether I'm ready for it or not.
There is no longer any apprehension, just tiredness. That anxious feeling left as quick as it came.
A peaceful smile was on my lips as you all whom are dear to me, swam through my mind. The fireworks were quite spectacular. Then I looked up to the heavens, and above me the sky had opened and the clouds had parted. Right above the house, the stars shone brightly.
When I looked up to see this, I saw that there was nothing in the way, no separation, no blockages from me and my view of the starry hosts and of the heavens. What an amazing gift to receive the first minutes of the New Year.
Another gift for the start of my new year...while sitting watching a movie with my cousin, Nick and his girlfriend, Steph, my cell phone next to me rings. I look and see on my screen it is none other than my sweet Caz!!!! What a surprise. I was in such stunned mode I had a grin from ear to ear, while I stuttered my way through a short but incredible conversation. It is a sensation like no other to know that I was soon going to be in a different year than someone else. It was a gift that was well appreciated. A gift that brought a peaceful mind to the beginning of my year.
Well due to drooping eyelids, I must make my way to a pillow and sleep.
With much love to you all. Many blessings on this new adventure that awaits us. Let us not be caught to much in the rat race. Instead, with this blessing filled adventure, let our steps be easy and light, no longer big strides and face paced. Embracing what is ahead. Holding dear to the significance of some things from the past. Forgetting all else we need to forget.
Father, walk with us as we journey together. Take our hand as we stroll through your handy work, drinking nothing - of course - except great tea.
With love, and buckets more
Jo xx
No comments:
Post a Comment