Friday, January 16, 2009

The Insanity of a Vortex

For the last couple of days at home, I have had no connection to the internet, and no workable telephone. The internet, is as much a curse as it is a blessing. It can suck you in and hold you, for hours. My dear friend Bec, would understand when I say, this is a BIG 'Oh Boy' moment!

Due to feeling like I had no connection to any outside world, frustration hit, deep. It also did not help that due to it being just me in my house now, and having not gone anywhere for a few days, there was certainly something boiling beneath the surface. To add to the monstrosity, the weather in Tauranga is insane. The other night, it literally felt like there was constant thunder and lightning. The heavens would break for less than a minute before they would start up again, and the rain. The rain was so fast and so full of huge rain drops that had it continued most of the night, many places would have flooded.

So, with that feeling of not knowing what to do with myself. At all. I would let myself be drawn into the one whose arms are always comforting. But like all restlessness, it did not last long. With finally venturing away from the house, and having the world wide web, frustration may calm down. Maybe taking a stroll through one of New Plymouths incredible parks will do me some good tomorrow. Nature certainly has her way with some things.

If at least one thing that stands out amongst my whirlpool of thoughts at the moment, it is this. I have learnt, though having learnt something and having it sink into your heart are two very different things. I have (so far only learnt) that no matter the mood, foul or full of joy, no matter what the weather be outside. No matter the frustration, anger, or fear, all my heavenly father wanted, was just to spend time with me. That's it. That's all.

Oh for that day to come, when that goes from a thing that you learn to a thing that is there, in the depths of your heart.

xxJo

No comments:

Post a Comment